Blog Post date: 3/25/20
Availability and special terms subject to change.
We care about you and your family. If you’re experiencing financial hardship because of the COVID-19 health crisis, contact us right away. We can help with these solutions.
Auto, Recreation & Personal Loan
- You can skip most any loan payment for no fee (saving $35).1 Eligible loans include auto, jet ski, boat, RV, personal loans, and more! Visit our website to initiate your skip right now.
Visa® Credit Card
- To accommodate our members, all First United CU credit cards are also now temporarily eligible for skip-a-payment, free of charge.1 Visit our website to initiate your skip right now.
Financial Relief Loan
We have a personal loan special of up to $3,000 with a fixed rate of 6.99% APR and term up to 30 months. Make NO payments for first 90 days. NO credit score required. ***
Refinance Any Loan –
SAVE On Your Monthly Payments
- Refinance any loan from another lender (or a loan at First United CU) and get additional cash out. Make no payments for 90 days.2
Business Loan Payment Relief
- We know that businesses of nearly every size are financially impacted right now. Our business loans may be eligible for payment relief solutions. Plus, there may be options to receive an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) to help with your business expenses.
Mortgage, Home Equity Line of Credit & Home Equity Relief
- To help our affected members, if your mortgage or fixed-rate home equity is through First United CU, you may be eligible for payment relief solutions. Simply give us a call to find out more.
- Skip-A-Pay fees (saving $35) 1
- Phone Transfer Fees (saving $5)
Fees waived until further notice.
Visit www.FirstUnitedCU.org/Financial-Relief/ for more information or skip a payment.
Our dedicated employees want to give the support you need. Call us at 616-532-9067 or email Info@FirstUnitedCU.org to request any of these solutions. You can also apply online for financing anytime.
1By requesting a Skip-A-Payment, you are requesting First United Credit Union to advance the loan due date equal to one month’s payment. You understand that the current balance of the loan is extended by the amount of the payment skipped, and that interest will continue to accrue on your loan balance throughout the deferred payment period, which may further extend the term of your loan. If there is more than one borrower on a loan, only one borrower is required to authorize a Skip-A-Payment. During this time, we are waiving the $35 fee to skip a loan. Loans that qualify for this promotion are Credit Cards and Installment Loans. Loan payments skipped with this promotion do not qualify towards the normal Skip-A-Pay limits of one per year. This offer is for a limited time. Contact the credit union for details.
2Interest will accrue during 90-day deferment period. First payment must be made beginning in the 4th month, on the due date disclosed in the loan agreement. Certain restrictions apply. Subject to credit approval.
3APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates as low as 7.99% APR effective March 25, 2020, and are subject to change without notice. No credit score required, and previous/current employer must be on file. Must have had a loan with First United paid well with us within the past 12 months. No payments for the first 90 days. Special available for a limited time. Contact the credit union for details.
***APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates as low as 6.99% APR effective March 25, 2020 and are subject to change without notice. No credit score required, and No proof of income required. Must be a current member and be in good standing for past 90 days. No payments for the first 90 days. Special available for limited time. Contact the credit union for details.