Post date: 6/1/2021
Availability and special terms subject to change.
Overdraft Protection makes sense any time of year, but it’s helpful when you’re on the go, vacationing, or handling summer expenses.
As a First United Credit Union member, you know the importance of lower fees and services that give you peace of mind. One key service is Overdraft Protection with your Checking Account – ready when you need it.
- Peace of mind – Checking transactions are covered, with no worry or embarrassment of a declined transaction or returned item fee.
- Convenient – When funds are needed to cover a check, ACH Debit and/or Debit Card transaction, the money is transferred automatically to your Checking Account.
- Low-Cost – Per item charges vary by the type of Overdraft Protection plan you choose. But you’ll save incurring returned item fees, which are both costly and embarrassing.
- Easy – When you open a Checking Account, Overdraft Protection is automatically offered to qualified members.
- Flexible – If you don’t tap into your Overdraft Protection, there’s no charge. It’s ready when you need it!
Choose from three programs:
Qualified members can overdraw their accounts up to $500, which is automatically added to the account as needed. There is a $35 fee each time we pay an overdraft, which covers the following transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using a Checking Account number
- Automatic bill payments/ACH
For added protection, members can authorize and pay overdrafts on their ATM and everyday Debit Card transactions. To qualify, opt-in to Extended Overdraft protection. There is a $35 fee each time we pay an overdraft, which covers the following transactions:
- ATM withdrawals
- Everyday debit card transactions (recurring payments are not included)
Members can also choose to protect their Checking Account with an automatic transfer from their regular Share Account or Visa® Credit Card. The transfer will cover a check, ACH or Bill Pay item, and ATM or Debit Card transaction.
- It’s convenient – An advance from your Share Account or Visa Credit Card will automatically cover an overdraft.
- It’s cost-effective – For a share transfer, the cost is only $10. For a credit card advance, the cost is 3% of each cash advance or $10, whichever is greater. (Compare this to the standard $35 overdraft charge.)
- It’s flexible – Use up to your available share amount or Visa Credit Card limit. You can also opt out at any time.
To enroll, call or text us at 616.532.9067.