Our Favorite Summer Safety Tips
- Sign up for direct deposit, eStatements, and eAlerts – all will protect your accounts and save you time. They also help to prevent your information from falling into the wrong hands.
- Monitor your transactions and balances with Online and Mobile Banking.
- Use our Mobile Banking app to manage your Debit and Credit Cards while traveling. (Turn your cards off and on and more.)
- Use your Debit Card or Visa Credit Card rather than carrying large amounts of cash.
- When you need cash, be choosy with the ATM locations you visit; select well-lit public areas to access your accounts. If you feel unsure, leave, and find a new location. Never count your cash in open view.
- Make a point to change your passwords every 60 to 90 days. Use complicated passwords with a mix of upper and lowercase letters and symbols and set up reminders if you have trouble staying on schedule.
- No matter what time of year it is, NEVER give personal information over the phone, by email, or text message. Businesses you know and trust will not need to solicit this information from you.
For added security, sign up for our ID Theft Protection (IDProtect™) right now. Click here to get started!