Post date: 3/1/22
Availability and special terms subject to change.
Are you ready to start something wonderful? Maybe you’re planning a wedding or dream vacation, starting a business, or remodeling your home. Whatever your dreams, we have the funds you need.
Jumpstart your dreams this spring.
A home equity loan is one of the most affordable ways to finance your dreams as a homeowner. The equity you’ve built gives access to one of your lowest financing rates possible, and our flexible terms let you craft the loan to fit your requirements.
- Rates as low as 2.25% APR*
- Borrow up to 80% of your home’s LTV (loan-to-value)
- Use the funds for any need!
More borrowing power:
The more equity you have in your home, the greater your access to cash. That means you gain maximum borrowing power — and can fulfill more dreams!
How to calculate your equity:
$_______________ Home’s Appraised Value
x .80 $_________ (80% of Appraised Value)
– $_________<Less Your Current Mortgage>
= $_________ Available Borrowing Amount
Potential tax benefits:
Homeowners may recoup some of the expense at tax time — depending on how they use their home equity funds. According to IRS.gov, home equity interest may still be deductible if the home equity proceeds are used only to “buy, build or substantially improve a taxpayer’s home that secures the loan.” (Please consult a tax advisor regarding your situation.)
Creative Ways To Leverage Your Equity
There are always standard ways to use your home equity funds — home improvements, a new car, or debt consolidation. But we want to help you think creatively about leveraging your equity. You really have unlimited options.
The sky’s the limit when leveraging your equity:
- Build an emergency fund.
- Buy or build a second vacation home.
- Fund your favorite charities.
- Get professionally certified in something new.
- Go back to college.
- Help an aging family member with assisted living.
- Invest in rental properties.
- Invest in the stock market.
- Refinance your current mortgage and get cash out.
- Repay student loans.
- Start a business.
- Take a work sabbatical.
- Tour the world.
- Visit all 50 states.
What’s your dream? The choice is yours!
Cost vs. Value:
An Update To The U.S. Top Remodeling Projects
Last year, we shared the home improvement projects that add the most resale value to your home. If you’re debating which projects to choose this year, consider these rankings from Realtor.com, which has updated its cost-versus-value projections based on 2021 data.
PROJECT JOB COST RESALE VALUE COST RECOUPED
- Garage Door Replacement $3,907 $3,663 8%
- Manufactured Stone Veneer $10,386 $9,571 1%
- Minor Kitchen Remodel | Midrange $26,214 $18,927 2%
- Siding Replacement | Fiber-Cement $19,626 $13,618 4%
- Window Replacement | Vinyl $19,385 $13,297 6%
- Siding Replacement | Vinyl $16,576 $11,315 3%
- Window Replacement | Wood $23,219 $15,644 4%
- Deck Addition | Wood $16,766 $11,038 8%
- Entry Door Replacement | Steel $2,082 $1,353 0%
- Deck Addition | Composite $22,426 $14,169 2%
Not all home projects are created equal.
If you have questions, contact our lending team. We can give you some insight into the best ways to use your equity.
Apply here or call or text us at 616.532.9067 to get started. We can approve you quickly, so you can start planning for all your dreams.