Post date: 10/1/2021
Availability and special terms are subject to change.
At First United Credit Union, we’re here to help you achieve your dreams and feel secure in your finances.
Fall is a new season. And as the weather changes and the end of the year approaches, it’s an excellent time to evaluate what you’ve ccomplished so far, your goals, and your current financial status. Areas to review are your credit score, current income and debt situation, the amount of your monthly loan payments, as well as the rates you’re paying.
Request a free fall credit review!
First, we can review your credit report with you and explain your credit score — which is a number between 300 and 850. Scores below 600 are considered low; scores above 720 are exceptional. Our goal is to help you raise your score (hopefully to the 720 range), so you can benefit from our very best rates and save in other areas of your life.
- If we find errors, which tend to lower your score, we’ll share steps to correct them and other habits to improve your score.
- Making on-time payments for loans and bills is a significant factor in your score, as is a healthy mix of credit and length of your credit history.
Note: We can review a credit report already on file with us from the past six months if you’ve applied for a loan — or you can bring in your own credit report. (We won’t pull a report on your behalf.) To obtain a free copy of your report, visit www.MyCreditReport.com, a safe and secure source.
Let’s examine your loan portfolio.
This includes reviewing your current loans, terms, and rates you’re paying. A rate (often expressed as the Annual Percentage Rate or APR) is the number one factor in the amount of your loan payment and how much you pay annually in interest.
- Consider what you’re paying on your loans and credit cards. If we can restructure your loans and help you save, you’ll reap immediate savings.
- We’ll also go over other bills to determine potential areas to save. Options may include automatic payments and alerts to ensure payments are made on time, every time. There may be consolidation prospects as well.
Consider refinancing opportunities.
As we examine the rates you’re paying, we’ll look for opportunities. If we can assist with an easy refinance, we explore all possibilities to reduce your rate and monthly payments. Use the savings to help bolster your nest egg, pay down your mortgage, or for other budgetary needs.
Loans To Consider:
Home Equity Line of Credit
As Low As 2.25% APR1
No out-of-pocket costs!2
- Consolidate debt.
- Refinance your car or home.
- Use the funds for any purchase or finish fall projects.
- As you repay, funds are replenished for future use.
As Low As 2.49% APR3
Make no payments for 90 days!3
- 100% Financing (including tax, title, and license).
- Low-cost payment protection coverages are available.
- Buy a new car for fall!
- Bring us your auto loan from another lender and reduce your monthly payments.*
- Add affordable GAP coverage.
Reap the benefits!
The more you understand what impacts your financial life, the more power you gain. Call us to schedule your fall credit refresh or visit www.FirstUnitedCU.org.