Compare Your Credit Card Costs
It pays to compare what you’re spending on your credit card transactions. Your card’s APR is the primary factor that adds to the cost, but don’t forget about fees, such as an annual fee and transaction charges. When you carry our VISA® Credit Card, every purchase or transfer you make is more affordable.
First United CU VISA® Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- As low as 10.99% APR*
- No Annual Fee
- No Balance Transfer Fee
- Earn Score Rewards
- Mobile App Benefits – Track Balances, View Statements, Turn Your Card Off and On
- A cash-back option also available
Points to consider:
- What is your card’s current APR (Annual Percentage Rate)? Many department store or bank credit cards may have rates as high as 22% or more!
- Also, check to see if the rate is variable or fixed. A variable rate means your payments will fluctuate and are more difficult to budget for. As your rate increases, so will your minimum monthly payment.
- There are also hidden costs that can impact your APR. For example, will your rate increase if you make a late payment? Will it fluctuate if your credit score drops? There are numerous ways lenders can increase your rate, and it always pays to read the fine print to be sure!
- In addition to a high APR, other factors impact the cost of your card. For example, if you transfer balances, is there a balance transfer fee? This can be costly if you’re moving a larger balance. Banks often charge a hefty fee (usually a percentage of your balance) for balance transfers. Another cost to check is a cash advance fee.
- Also, decide if you want to earn rewards or cash-back on purchases. These points can add up quickly and be a valuable perk for you.
Check your card’s current APR.
Many cards are 18%, 20%, 22%, or more.
- The rate you pay directly impacts the amount of your monthly payment.
- It also increases the amount of interest you pay over the life of the balance. This cost can add up exponentially.
- The bottom line? The higher your rate and balance, the more difficult it is to pay down or pay off.
Transfer your high-rate balances to a First United CU VISA Card. Our low APR will help you to realize immediate savings and reduce the amount of interest you pay.
Compare your current credit card to ours:
Your Credit Card First United CU VISA® Platinum Rewards Credit Card
Balance: $5,000 Balance Transferred: $5,000
Rate: 18.9% APR Our Rate: 10.99% APR*
Monthly Payment: $200 Monthly Payment: $200
Balance Payoff: 137 months Balance Payoff: 111 months
Total Payments: $8,109 Total Payments: $6,426
Interest You’ll Save: $1,683**
Both comparisons are based on a 4% minimum payment. Make your own comparison at https://www.greenpath.com/resources-tools/other-financial-calculators/.
It’s easy to get started!
Apply online at any time or call 616.532.9067.