Terms & Conditions – Account to Account (A2A) Setup
Account to Account (A2A) transfer service allows you to initiate transfers between accounts that you own. These accounts can be located at any institution within the United States. You will be able to transfer available funds anytime between your Credit Union Account and the other institutions at anytime. You must be a legal owner on all accounts. You can set up as many accounts as you like. In order to transfer available funds from one account to another, you must log on to the It’sMe247 online banking site.
Other important notes regarding A2A transfers:
- There may be a $3.00 fee associated with each outgoing transfer.
- Limits for transactions are as follows, consult with First United Credit Union with questions on any limits.
- Per transaction limit: $10,000
- Total for the day per account: $10,000
- Maximum for the month per account: $10,000
- Outgoing and incoming A2A transfers can take up to 3 business days to complete.
- With outgoing transfers, your money will immediately be withdrawn from your Credit Union Account. Transfers will not be made if you Credit Union Account does not contain sufficient funds for the transfer.
- Incoming funds are not credited to your Credit Union Account until they arrive from the other institution, but the fee is withdrawn at the time of the transfer request.
With incoming transfers, a $0 transaction entry will appear in your account history when the transfer is made. When the actual transfer is made by the other financial institution, you will see it in your Credit Union Account history.
- Once the transfer is initiated, First United Credit Union cannot cancel the transfer nor can transfers be reversed.
- First United Credit Union is not responsible for disputed transfers made between the accounts you have authorized for A2A Transfers. You agree to hold harmless First United Credit Union from any and all claims, actions and judgments, including costs of defense attorney’s fees incurred in defending against same, arising from and related to disputes involving A2A transfers between your A2A account relationships.